Student council: become a class representative and be involved in organizing school activities; your input is paramount in making decisions involving the entire student population.
Peer Programs: peer tutoring & introduction to basic French through student volunteers.
- September: Welcome BBQ
- December: Holiday Talent Show & Potluck
- May: Cancer Fundraiser
- May: End of year celebration of success
Career & Placement Services
- Assist students with job readiness skills, résumé writing and interview preparation.
- Support in industry stage placement.
Student Services at Shadd Business Centre provides opportunities for individual growth in a learning community where the student is the center of our educational mission. We commit ourselves to improving the quality of student life so that each student achieves success, not only academically but also in their extra-curricular interests. We strive to make each student feel as a member of "Shadd’s Family" where they can be the best that they can be.
Loans & Boursaries
All full-time students are eligible to apply for Loans and Bursaries. All newly registered students are given a major overview of the Loans and Bursaries program. Office hours are posted on the door of the Academic & Vocational Counsellor.
Please call (514) 484-0485 for any further information.
For further information please visit the following link:
Academic & Vocational Services
Counselling services are available to students in the following areas:
- Meet with potential students and examine prerequisite for programs.
- Assist students in their development of career goals.
- Provide information and assistance to students on requirements of academic programs.
- Counsel students (individually and in groups) in respects to study skills or other academic difficulties which may arise.
- Lend help, counsel and information to students on all aspects of employment search and career planning (individually and in groups).
- Assess needs and refer students to the appropriate services.